Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheap accomodation in Lincoln

Hi to all,





I am staying in lincoln for a month in nebraska, to study in the University of Nebraska. I%26#39;m on a short budget, so i can%26#39;t afford really nice hotels. However, as i never been in USA, i would really appreciate that the hotel was near the university.



Surfing the web i%26#39;ve found a Hostelling International hostel that is located inside the university campus. That%26#39;s just perfect! But their web site declares this hostel is %26#39;temporarily closed%26#39;. Last actualisation of this web site was May, 2006. I%26#39;ve tried to reach the hostel staff by mail, but no luck there.



Could you help me? Is this hostel active? And will it be active in October 2007?





Any help is welcome.



Regards,



Silvana



Cheap accomodation in Lincoln


Silvana, in case you didn%26#39;t receive my response via email I just wanted to post here that this hostel is indeed closed right now and now timetable on when/if it will reopen. I would think the University of Nebraska would have some short-term housing available. Have you tried contacting them? Let me know if I can help you.





Jon



Cheap accomodation in Lincoln


I was told that you could check with the university%26#39; housing department in late July and if the dorms aren%26#39;t all full they will rent a room by the month. The number is 402-472-1498. Also, you could check the university%26#39;s web site www.unl.edu, but I don%26#39;t know if you can check availability of on-campus housing. There are apartments available to rent, offered by people other than the university and some are furnished, but please ask before you rent as some are in unsafe neighborhoods. I mean to post again before you rent as the landlords won%26#39;t tell you that it is in an unsafe neighborhood. The best option would be a dorm room either on main or east campus. There are free shuttle buses for students that run between the two campus. You can ride any of the city buses for free with a university id.




Thank you very much for your helpful responses. I%26#39;ll follow your advice, and I will let you know if I had any luck in July with unl lodging on campus. Wish me luck!




You should try the Chase Suite hotel.... (402-483-4900)... I stayed there for a month while I took a master%26#39;s course during the summer and it was great... They have a great breakfast, a social hour, a courtyard with basketball, and a pool. Plus the rooms are big and have a full kitchen even with all the pots and everything. It%26#39;s great and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment