Monday, December 12, 2011

Looking for Atomic Age, Classic Neon Motel/Hotels

My sweetie and I are taking a cross-country road trip next August and we%26#39;d like to stay in hotels or motels that have that real vintage vibe. We don%26#39;t have the trip mapped out yet so all towns will be considered.

I love the Safari Inn, in Burbank California. Sweet Motel with pool and vintage neon but modern facilities.

coasthotels.com/home/…

It%26#39;s easy to find pictures on the web or in books of classic neon signs but we want to stay the night in a place that looks straight out of the 50s (or 30s, 40s, 60s) but isn%26#39;t a rundown dump.

If you have a recommendation of someplace unusual, that works too.

Thanks for any help!

Looking for Atomic Age, Classic Neon Motel/Hotels

In Omaha there is the Satellite Motel, it doesn%26#39;t seem to advertise on the major sites, but I looked at yahoo which had a couple of positive reviews, and the rates were $38-$54. It%26#39;s on 60th and L, which isn%26#39;t far from the interstate.

I haven%26#39;t stayed there, but I%26#39;ve never heard of any problems associated with the place.

It%26#39;s definitely from the atomic, space-age era of the 50%26#39;s, I don%26#39;t think you could get any more kitsch.

Looking for Atomic Age, Classic Neon Motel/Hotels

http://www.pioneervillage.org/

This is another oldie that goes back to the beginning of “plastics”. The museum contains everything you could ever imagine from the dates going back into the 60,50,40,30’s and more. You’d have to stay a day or two just to see part of it, and you’d still miss a lot. They have a motel that I’ve never stayed in, but it’s from back in the 50’s period of time if I remember correctly. I’m sure you can google some reviews on the motel and get more info then I could give you.

Enjoy and drive safely ;-)

  • howtofalloutoflovewithsomeone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment