Saturday, March 27, 2010

Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets

I will be in Omaha June 11-13 with my wife and 15 month old. We would like to go to game 1 of the college world series but I really cannot determine the best way to get tickets. It appears that StubHub will sell you a ticket for around $70 or so. Are there going to be any more limited ticket sales in March or April. I don%26#39;t think that I want to go the general admission route because we would probably have to get there really early in the morning for a 1PM game...





Also, will the zoo just be too crazy to go to the day before (Friday the 12th)? We will be staying at the Doubletree downtown. Is it easier to park at the stadium/zoo for the game or take a bus from downtown.





Thanks in advance--



Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets


Typically the city is really good about having shuttles to the stadium. I wouldn%26#39;t be suprised if your hotel provided transportation.





The zoo may be a bit crowded but it is huge there. FYI you may not park at the zoo and go over to the stadium. It is frowned upon.





There is a ticket broker in Omaha. TicketExpress.com. They typically have lots of tickets. I would not do general admission with a little one. It is crowded and less comfortable.



Advice on Picking Up College World Series Tickets


I have parked in the neighborhoods as a lot of people do, but count on a long walk. Many private homes and businesses rent parking spaces out - I have parked a few times at the church just a few blocks down on 13th St. they use it as a fund raiser. If you drive just get down to the ballpark early so you can find a spot and walk to the park.





I think its a pretty fun crowd around the park for the games and have never had any problems.





I cant help you with the ticket question though, be careful of scammers and scalpers. General admission does not guarantee you a seat - you get in a long line and when they start letting people in they count so many then stop the line and they are done.




What we do every year is get tickets off ticket master and never seem to have a problem as long as you are ready the minute that they come online to sell. Just my suggestion.




Hi,



I own a home, one block south of the stadium and zoo. Typically I charge $10 per game to park in the lot, which is cheaper than the $20 per game down the street. You can leave anytime you want, so you don%26#39;t have to depend on the shuttle times. It is a short walk to the zoo/stadium. If you need me to reserve a spot for you, let me know. If you are interested, please give me a call Joe (402)-203-5874.




Thanks all. I was able to get tickets on Ticketmaster when they went on sale April 11. I am mulling over the idea of whether to park near the stadium before the game or leave the car at the hotel and take the shuttle. Both look like viable options.





Here%26#39;s hoping for good weather!




Spot, we are regular tailgators at the CWS. We tailgate very close to the main gate of the zoo. While I can%26#39;t help you with parking, I can give you a free refreshment, a bite to eat, and a lawn chair to park your 15 month old if you need a break between the zoo and the game..





Let me know and I%26#39;ll let you know where to find us.




I am also planning to attend a game or two at the CWS this year. It will be my first time in attendance after watching extensively for 20 years.





However, I do not yet have tickets. What is the best way to get tickets since Ticketmaster has sold out? Can you usually pick up reserved seat tickets outside the park on the day of the game, or do I need to take my chances with online ticket brokers?





Thanks!




Ticketmaster may be your best bet. While there are a handfull of tickets at the satdium each day, they sell them on the lottery system. You get in line each day at like 9:00 AM to get a number then they call a number and that is where the line starts.





There are always scalpers too. It is a law in Omaha that they can not sell over face value within a mile of the stadium so you can get tickets at a reasonalbe price. I have never seen anyone not get a ticket if they want one.





Also keep in mind that each game is a seperate ticket now. Most days are double headers early in the week, and you will need a ticket for each game.




I%26#39;ve been a season ticket holder for years, and attend when I can. CWS ticket holders now can sell their tickets through TicketExchange, which is supported by TicketMaster. I found this website: http://www.cwsomaha.com/ A big plus is that buyers can be assured that the tickets are legit.




This has spawned another question. I noticed on the CWS website that there are opening ceremonies on Friday, June 12. The reference is pretty vague-- it just mentions fireworks and baseball (and that it is free).





Can anyone provide more detail? Is any part of this worth attending?

No comments:

Post a Comment