Saturday, March 27, 2010

Romantic hotels in Omaha

Hi I am deployed, and soon after I get home it will be my wife and I%26#39;s anniversary. Would love to take her to a romantic hotel with a big jetted tub. Are there any thened rooms in the Omaha area besides the settle inn? Any Ideas?



Thanks



Tyson



Romantic hotels in Omaha


Hi!





The Magnolia (formerly Sheraton when we stayed there) has nice suites with large whirlpool tub in the bathroom. The room we had opened into the central garden/courtyard. It is a historic building with lots of charm at that time.





Across the river AmeriStar has rooms with whirlpool out in the guest room.





Those are the ones I am familiar with, hope someone has more info for you, welcome home!!



Romantic hotels in Omaha


I appreciate your help. Thanks




The absolute best (and I have searched!)is at Ameristar, I think it is called the ';Quad'; room (there are only 4). It has a huge jacuzzi, a platform King canopy bed, a marble bathroom, a fireplace, and a great view of the river and Omaha downtown. I know they will give you a special rate if you explain the circumstances (usually runs about 225 / noc). This is an awesome room, not at all tacky, just very elegant and romantic, You will take her breath away. I know it.




This one isn%26#39;t in Omaha but maybe more along what you asked for and given it%26#39;s in KC you could also do a nice restaurant there.



http://www.chateauavalonhotel.com/




I%26#39;ll second the Magnolia recommendation. Very cool hotel with a nice blend of modernity and historic feel. I haven%26#39;t spent the night there, but have been in the building several times when relatives were staying there. Its on 16th and Howard, so you%26#39;re just a few blocks from a romantic dinner in the old market (I would suggest Nicola%26#39;s for Italian, Vivace is good too). Good Luck with the search!




I will also agree with Ameristar. The octogon rooms are amazing. It is a suite with a sitting area and a king size bedroom. In the bedroom is a large tub that overlooks the Missouri river. The rooms are gorgeous. There is a good steak resturant on the main level of the hotel. You could also stay for the amazing Sunday brunch if you stay on a Saturday night.




Thank you all for the the help. It was very helpful to get some good info from you all.





Thanks, nuch



Tyker

No comments:

Post a Comment