Saturday, March 27, 2010

What's going on in Valentine, Nebraska on Valentine's Day?

I have searched as far as I can think of to learn about this little town. I was hoping to make a trip there just to be in Valentine on V-DAY! A little trivial but I thought it would be fun.


Anyone have any info?


Thanks




What's going on in Valentine, Nebraska on Valentine's Day?


I know you can send your mail there and have it postmarked. Not sure if it warrants a trip up though. Go in the summer and go canoeing on the Niobrara. Pretty fun and laid back. I believe it%26#39;s been rated one of the top rivers to canoe.





Also, don%26#39;t let the map fool you. This is easily an 8 hour drive, maybe closer to 10.



What's going on in Valentine, Nebraska on Valentine's Day?


Thanks for the info......';unclebobby'; I finally found out how far it is to go there......so disappointed. I will check into the mailing though.





Too bad to live so close to a place like this yet so far away!




Cool. I just checked mapquest and it says this is just over a 6 hour drive. I could have sworn it took longer than that. Maybe there was construction the last time I went. Oh well. Just hoping I didn%26#39;t give bad info.




Hey Brenna... I%26#39;m from Lincoln and it takes me about 5 to 6 hours to get to valentine... it%26#39;s really not too bad of a drive. However I go there all the time and I would have to say that the best time to go there would have to be around 4th of July... it%26#39;s crazy there and A LOT of fun! And if you do go up there - you HAVE to go tubing down the river... bring a group of friends cause it%26#39;s a blast!




TY so much for the responses to my e-mail. I%26#39;m still here in NE and think there just might be a chance to get a trip into Valentine. Also Ty for the info on the 4th. I%26#39;ll bet that it%26#39;s a ton of fun there then as well. I%26#39;m going to see if their Chamber of Commerce wil refer me to a shop or business that will let me buy the postcards from a distance.




You can get post cards sent to you from the Merritt Trading Post. They have several to choose from. The phone number is 402/376-3437.




Thanks so much for that info on the postcards! A great help!




Hello to all who happen to read this site. I am now in February 2007 and living on the I-80 south side of Chicago. There just wan%26#39;t enought itme to get in my visit to Valentime last year AND yes I%26#39;m still disappointed! I am going to call the Post Ofc to check on sending mail there and the Merritt sshop to check on postcards. I dropped the balll last year with all the ';events%26#39; that came along with trying to sell the house in Papillion and move here. Still there is just somehting that seems magical about going to Valentine on Valentine%26#39;s Day! Good luck to any of you who make the trip. It sounds like there%26#39;s soem interesting events that go on. I don%26#39;t know about any of you but we%26#39;re having 28- wind chill factors and over 6'; of snow......don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ll be venturing anywhere for now! Maybe during the spring thaw!





HAPPY VALENTINE%26#39;S DAY %26lt;3




Just an add on here to anyone who might have an interest. I talked with the nicest people at the post office and tehn at Merritt%26#39;s Trading Post about mailing V-Day cards and finding postcards. You can send your pre-stamped cards and the PO will mail them for you! I think that%26#39;s very special.





Also the people at Merritt%26#39;s have a nice selection of ppostcards and I%26#39;m going to order some. I am interested in the area but also would like to send some special potcards that specifically have Valentine NE on them.





So.....just sharing and everyone have a special day.


  • cosmetics company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment