Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nebraska

My husband and I are thinking of moving from NC to NE. We were thinking somewhere in Furnas County. He has been hunting there a few years now (Beaver City) and thinks it would be a good place for our kids. We have alot of gangs where we are right now. One of our daughters are at that age where we have to really watch who she hangs out with. There are 1300 kids on our high school. I know that is huge compaired to the schools there in Furnas County. The only thing is my husband is a teacher and I have not seen any openings for a high school science teacher or a PE K-12 teacher (he can do either). I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me there opinion on if this is a good idea to move and what to expect if we do. Also are teaching jobs hard to find in that area? What is the average salary for a teacher of 15 years there?





Nebraska


bkr21, as a lifelong resident of Nebraska and mother of two, I can tell you that it is a great place to live and raise a family. May I suggest that you don%26#39;t confine yourself to just Furnas County (it%26#39;s a great place, I grew up near there) but the whole of our state is equally great and I would think that a high school teacher should be able to find a teaching position in one of our many small towns. I%26#39;m not sure about average teacher salaries, but remember to weigh that salary figure against the cost of living here (which is probably considerably lower than where you are living now). I live in a town of 2500 and you could purchase a large 3/4 bedroom for under $100,000, as an example. Good luck in your search!



Nebraska


You could contact the school supertendent of schools in towns where you might want to relocate. They should know if they will be having any vacancies for next year. McCook, NE might be a place to contact. Lexington, NE has quite a high crime rate. Kansas would also be an option. I don%26#39;t know about other taxes, but vehicle tax and gas tax are cheaper in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment