Thursday, April 8, 2010

Looking for Advice on Relocating to Metro Omaha

I am looking for some advice. I currently live in Canada and I am considering a job offer with a company based in Shenandoah, Iowa. My family are not small town people, so we are exploring the possibility of buying a home in metro Omaha and commuting back and forth to work. To cut down as much as possible on the travel time, we would prefer to buy a home in the southeast part of metro Omaha. What is Council Bluffs like? Also, considering Bellevue because it appears to be closer to Shenandoah. Any neighborhoods you can recommend? We would be looking for a home in the 150 to 200 range. What am I looking at for commute time each day during rush hour? Any help would be appreciated.





Thanks in advance.



Looking for Advice on Relocating to Metro Omaha


If you use mapquest it comes up with 52 miles and an hour drive time which is fairly close. There is alot of newer homes on the south end of Bellevue with several new stores and restaurants. With highway 370 and 75 there is easy access to Omaha. In Council Bluffs it seems much of the new residential construction is going northeast and more industrial to the south.



Looking for Advice on Relocating to Metro Omaha


Good luck with your search. Shenandoah is quite a drive to the Metro - depending on what you are used to. The west side of Bellevue has a lot of new construction in your price range and it is a growing area - Hwy 370 / 72nd st and in a few miles around that. Older Bellevue is kinda funky. You could then take the 370 toll bridge over the river and hook up to I-29 and then down. Glenwood Iowa might be a choice but its a small town. There should be a lot of homes in Council Bluffs in that range.





When I relocated here I contacted a real estate agent prior to coming out and told them what I was looking for so they could narrow down choices then I came out on a few trips and looked around and then decided on where to settle.





You might want to consider the income and property tax ( and personal property tax in Nebraska ) burdens of Iowa vs Nebraska prior to making a decision as well. I think you will find Nebraska more expensive to live in.




Hello !





Here is a thought ... you don%26#39;t have to move to Southeast Omaha at all. Try IOWA. Omaha is not really a big city after all and if you move to Bellevue or Council Bluffs that is still small town. IOWA has better tax advantages, better schools, lower crime rate, higher median income and higher high school graduate and continuing education rate. I know this because I explored both states and all of the facts and ended up moving to NEBRASKA. But truly ... sometimes I%26#39;m sorry that I did. Considering the fact that you are going to work in Iowa, you should move to Iowa. It will show solidarity to the company you are being employed by ... and quite frankly the workers that you will be possibly managing and dealing with everyday. Plus with the way gas prices are today and the wear and tear on your vehicles I%26#39;d go for closer. Glenwood is a beautiful town and although small is very very pretty and friendly and expanding. For your price range you could get a phenomenal home in Iowa.





Good Luck ... take a risk I bet you won%26#39;t be sorry !!



For a good realtor call Bruce Johnson at 402 677 3003 and he handles NE and Iowa. And he%26#39;s my realtor and hes%26#39; not related :)

No comments:

Post a Comment