Saturday, April 3, 2010

Omaha: Worth a visit?

Hi everyone,





I%26#39;m hoping to make a month long trip to the USA this summer and I am intending to travel all the way across the country from coast to coast. I am trying to work out a route, and I was wondering if it is worth making a stop in Omaha.





Is there much to see? Much to do? I%26#39;ve always liked the sound of Nebraska, should I visit?





Thanks in advance.



Omaha: Worth a visit?


The zoo is very good some of the attractions there are an inoor rainforest and desert with animals of the night underneath. The Western Heritage Museum and Josleyn Art Museum and the SAC Museum which is about halfway to Lincoln.



Depending on the time of year Mahoney State Park has many things to do it%26#39;s right next to the SAC Museum.



Another event as you head west is the migration of the sandhill cranes and snow and Canada geese around Grand Island.



You can follow the Oregon and Mormon Trails from Omaha and in areas still find ruts left by wagon wheels.



You can turn to the north and go through a fossil bed or Toadstool State Park and then Ft Robinson where Crazy Horse spent his last days. Afterward you can go through western South Dakota and Mt Rushmore.



Omaha: Worth a visit?


The simple answer is no.



I live and work here-if I did not have to work here, I would not stay in this city:



its great for a family: it lousy as a tourist destination.



Go via Chicago or denver-skip us!




I slightly agree with the last poster. Omaha is not really a top notch destination city. There are some nice things to see and do if you are here and as was said its a pretty darn nice place to live and raise a family and its easy to get around in.





If its convenient and you are traveling cross country on I-80 you might want to stop at a few places that were previously mentioned but if I was traveling to hit



some of the hot spots of the USA it probably would not be on my list.





A lot depends on what you like to do like anything - if you are in to Zoos or Opera, do you like a trendy urban scene? Jazz? Certain things are here that you might like and certain are absent.





Note any specifics and maybe the people on the list can let you know if those things are located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment