Thursday, April 1, 2010

is this hotel in Nebraska?

I thought I posted this once, but I don%26#39;t see it, so. . . here goes again.





I read a magazine article a couple of years ago or so, or maybe ten years or so, about a big hotel (I believe historic) on the plains. I think it was a highly rated hotel. I thought it was in Nebraska, but don%26#39;t see it on any lists. Does anyone have any idea of what hotel this might be? Or where? Also, my grown daughter and I are thinking in meeting Nebraska for a few days of relaxation in Sept. Could be a nature trip, historic, or city and we will be driving. I know this is really vague, but any ideas?



is this hotel in Nebraska?


Howdy G,



For the hotel, I would think we would need more info. (at least for me)



Meeting in the state is a great idea.



Out west here in we have the Rail Fest 2008.



http://www.railtownusa.org/



It will be filled with history, relaxing, and great food.



Happy trails,



SandBilly



is this hotel in Nebraska?


OK, the Rail Fest is on our short list. Any nature watching ideas? And thanks for answering.




Howdy G,





What part of Sept.? Would you be meeting along the interstate or another part of the state? In other words if you come from Ill. where would your daughter be coming from?



Thanks,



SandBilly




For reference, I am 400 miles from Omaha, my daughter would be coming from the Denver area and is about 470 miles from Omaha. We can both travel I80, but don%26#39;t need to meet along that route. We can make fun out of most anything - nature, cities, shopping, art, history . . . and it doesn%26#39;t need to be spectacular.




Howdy G,



Here is a link to festivals and things going on around Nebraska.



visitnebraska.org/pdfs/EventsCatalogMnth.pdf



I will keep looking and seeing if I can come up with something else.



Happy trails,



SandBilly




I found an article about a hotel in Perry, IA that is in a historic building. It is called Hotel Pattee and the toll free number is 888-424-4268. They just reopened at the end of July.





At NE City,NE their is the Arbor Lodge, not an old building, but a neat setting among the trees and orchards with walking trails.





In Lincoln, NE is an 1845 neoclassical Georgian revival B%26amp;B. It is located only 2 blocks from the capitol.




After I sent the post, I realized I forgot to include the name of the B%26amp;B. It is the Atwood House. In Lincoln, we have the Sheldon Art Gallery. You could also take a free tour of the capitol or shop at some boutiques.





NE City also has many unique shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment