Thursday, April 1, 2010

Creighton University visit

Going to visit my nephew at Creighton U in September. Where is there decent, but not too expensive hotel near the school that I can stay at. Also, good/fun restaurants to take him, he%26#39;s in him upper teens, and he doesn%26#39;t know the area all that well yet. Thanks all.



Creighton University visit


Creighton is just blocks north of Downtown Omaha, anything downtown will probably work for you. Check TA here for hotel reviews - since I live here we never use hotels.



Creighton University visit


I%26#39;ll echo grayhorses post.





Anything downtown if fine. If you want to try a priceline 3* in downtown Omaha, you could maybe get something for like $75 with taxes. However there%26#39;s a new Hampton Inn that%26#39;s just opened on 10th and Cumming, which is brand new, but don%26#39;t know much about it.





Here%26#39;s a website with some winning Omaha bids.





…yuku.com/forums/46/t/Iowa-Nebraska.html







The Old Mattress Factory is a newer sports bar that%26#39;s semi close to the Creighton campus on 13th street.





http://www.themattomaha.com/





It%26#39;s not bad and usually has a younger hangout. More busy for Qwest center events.







My recommendation for lunch or early dinner would maybe California Taco.





http://www.omahawiki.org/California_Taco%26#39;s_%26amp;_More





It%26#39;s a younger crowd of people that hit this place up, and is pretty eccletic. I%26#39;ve never been for happy hour, but I think it gets pretty busy with college students. Been there for lunch many times, my recommendation is getting one of the Cali Taco tacos. They%26#39;re excellent.





I%26#39;ll also throw out Billy Frogg%26#39;s bar/grill in the Old Market as a somewhat fun place. They%26#39;ve got great hamburgers and decor is mismatched eccletic pieces. It%26#39;s good/cheap bar food.





If you want to go somewhere nice, Upstream in the old market is our own microbrewery, and definitely is a great lunch or dinner spot.





Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, let us know. Here to help.




Thanks Simon. I will be sure to take your list with me when I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment