Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lunch in Lincoln

My husband and I will be taking a roadtrip from North Carolina to Utah in August. We should hit Lincoln right around lunchtime of the second day. I%26#39;m looking for good, reasonably priced, interesting food along the way. I%26#39;m a fan of ';Diner%26#39;s, Drive-Ins and Dives'; on the Food Network...hit me with your ';must try'; suggestions for Lincoln.



Lunch in Lincoln


Some restaurants that you might enjoy: Stauffer%26#39;s at 5600 S. 48th which is a sit down restaurant and has great pie It is just south of NE highway 2 on the east side of the rd. Earl May is on the SW corner of the junction of NE highway 2 and 48th and Stauffer%26#39;s is on the other side of 48t in a small strip of shops.



Runza is a small local chain which have great Runza%26#39;s, which are a baked sandwich that has a hamburger filling and they have several varieties, plus hamburgers and other things. You can either do drive-through or eat in. Addresses: 4901 0 st., 84th %26amp; Holdrege, 27th %26amp; Pine Lake Rd., 40th %26amp; Randolph, 56th %26amp; Holdrege, 27th %26amp; Superior, 33rd %26amp; Higway2, 13th %26amp; E St. 1240 W. O St., 2501 N 11th., 70th %26amp;Van Dorn, 6100 0 St. (in Gateway- Westfield Mall), 5310 S.56th, 8550 Andermatt Dr. (which is just north of Highway2)



At 2548 S. 48th is Howard%26#39;s Pantry. They used to have one section as an old soda fountain with tables and chairs. Now they have regular tables there, but still have the soda counter and make the malts, etc. You can sit at the counter or the regular tables on that side, unless it is reserved for a meeting.



Another good sit down restaurant is Grandmothers%26#39; at 70th and A St.



Michel%26#39;s is another soda fountain and they used to have good food. Last time we were there the food was horrible, greasy and service lousy. To top it off when we went to pay they wouldn%26#39;t accept their own gift certificate which we had received as a gift from friends.



Engine House Cafe is located at 6028 Havelock Ave. and is in an old firehouse building. Their hours are 6:00a.m. and 2:00p.m M-Sat. and 6:00a.m.-8p.m.



We hope this helps some.







Lunch in Lincoln


Thanks so much for the tips. I%26#39;ll download a map of Lincoln so that we can find our way off of I-80...I believe that%26#39;s the road we will be on. I%26#39;m looking forward to trying one of your suggestions!!!




I can help more with directions, if you want. Highway 2 from NE City, NE to Lincoln is 4 lane and 65mph. I-80 is a good rd with some contruction in Omaha and other spots.




Helpful directions would be great!! However, according to Mapquest directions we will not be coming through Omaha on I-80. We%26#39;re coming in on Hwy. 2. I%26#39;m trying to bypass as many large cities as I can.




Hello I am from utah and noticed that you will be coming to utah in august. My Husband and I went to a fun new diner in Oakley Utah. The owner has totally re done the dinner. Oakley is about 30 Minutes from Salt Lake City Utah. It is called Road Island Diner. Have Fun.






Thanks for the tip sunny. We will be in Layton for about 10 days plan to eat at Blue Plate Diner in Salt Lake City, but would love to try your suggestion as well.




From Sunny, It is a small world. We live in Layton. You can learn more about Road Island Diner if you want to. Just google the name. It is from the 1940%26#39;s.






I did that last night. The owner has done a wonderful job restoring the diner. I am excited to add this to our plans.




King Kong - right off I-80 on 27th st. - good burgers and Gyros.





http://www.kingkongfastfood.com/




Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment